Smooth evolution: TD-SCDMA/TD-LTE systems operating in common mode
天线宝宝原创一波中特 www.jfein.tw Focusing on systems integration, low cost and high performance, Datang Mobile offers complete end-to-end solutions and products for TD-LTE networks, including core, access and test terminals to assist customers improve network performance and facilitate future evolution and development.
The Datang Mobile TDR3000 RNC uses the advanced ATCA platform and can share the same platform with TD-LTE EPC.TDR3000 and EPC can share the rack and power supply of TDR3000.Datang Mobile's EMB5116 supports TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE systems operating in common and conversion modes.
- Common mode
- In common mode, TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE systems operate together. Cards for different modes can be inserted into the frame. The BBU uses two cards, each running a different type of software, to support simultaneous operation in TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE modes.
- Conversion mode
- In conversion mode, the TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE systems operate separately, which enables them to switch through the software upgrade, i.e. switch from TD-SCDMA mode to TD-LTE mode. The BBU exchange control board, interface board and baseband boards only need a software upgrade to switch from TD-SCDMA mode to TD-LTE mode.
- When TD-SCDMA and TE-LTE systems operate on the same frequency band, Datang Mobile's common mode RRU can support TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE systems simultaneously. When TD-SCDMA and TE-LTE systems operate in common mode at F-frequency band or E-frequency band, they can support 10MHz TD-SCDMA+20MHz TD-LTE systems. When the TD-SCDMA or TD-LTE operates in single mode, it can upgrade the software to support TD-LTE system.
- When the two systems operate on different frequency bands, the transceiver, power amplifier unit and antenna filter are not interchangeable. In this circumstance, a single RRU or TD-SCDM/TD-LTE pilot frequency dual-mode RRU can be used.
- Smooth evolution to a lower infrastructure CAPEX
- The lub interface of Datang Mobile's TD-SCDMA BBU supports FE/GE and meets the S1/X2 interface bandwidth demand of LTE to support TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE systems operating in common mode for low-cost smooth evolution.
- Highly integrated BBU equipment
- The stronger the baseband processing capacity, the better it can support TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE systems operating in common mode. Currently, the single baseband processing board of the EMB5116 only needs a software upgrade to support 20MHz 8-antenna dual-stream beamforming cells, which is unprecedented in the industry.
- Complete TD-SCDMA/TD-LTE common mode validation and testing
- Datang Mobile has participated in and successfully completed all the China Mobile and Ministry of Industry and Information Technology TD-LTE tests and TD-SCDMA/TD-LTE common mode tests; For instance, in 2009 and 2010, we finished the tests of TD-SCDMA capacity expansion network for the academy of engineering and the TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE operating in common and conversion modes organized by China Mobile. On the strength of extremely strong TDD expertise (from TD-SCDMA to TD-LTE), and in strict compliance with the latest 3GPP and the specifications of China Mobile, Datang Mobile completed the tests ahead of the test schedule, meeting all qualitative and quantitative requirements. Furthermore, the test results were even more favorable than anticipated.
- It can significantly lower the infrastructure CAPEX, enable smooth network evolution and protect the investment of operators.
- In TD-SCDMA/TD-LTE common mode, the same hardware architecture is used. Only a software upgrade is required to support the two modes, enabling energy-efficient operation.
The existing TD-SCDMA network can smoothly evolve to support TD-LTD and provide higher data rates.
The TD-SCDMA/TD-LTE common mode application meets all the requirements of different circumstances and services.